The purpose of the Central region Cardiac Network is to provide long term vision for the development of cardiac related services across the Central Region, and design, communicate and project manages initiatives to support this vision.
The objectives of the Cardiac Network are as follows:
- reducing inefficiencies in cardiac services through regional or sub-regional collaboration
- improving prevention, screening and management in primary care
- enhancing consumers experience through integrated service delivery between primary, secondary and tertiary care, continuous quality improvement and patient safety
- targeting inequalities in access to cardiac services
- supporting the delivery of the national health targets especially stop smoking targets increased number of CVD risk assessments and elective cardiac surgery
- ensuring service sustainability both clinical and financial
- providing the opportunity for innovation and shared learning
- engaging at a national level with the National Cardiac Network.